Superwinch Talon 12.5
Superwinch Talon 12.5, 12 VDC winch, 12,500 lb capacity with 15’ ergonomically sealed handheld remote with coiled cord that retracts to 4’, connects to winch with military style twist lock, and LED light assists in night time winching.
This is the industry's best truly sealed vehicle recovery winch assembly. All seals on the entire Superwinch Talon meet the IP67 standard, from the outermost end of the high performance motor and groundbreaking solenoid to the 2-stage planetary and 2-stage spur gearbox.
The sealed 6 HP motor delivers a quick but safe 62 FPM line speed at a low 75 amp draw. Heat sink-styled motor cap maintains low temperatures under the heaviest loads.
The solenoid will keep out water, mud, snow, and dust and has a patented venting feature that allows the contacts to resist water and release contact damaging internal condensation. The VS4 Solenoid (Vented, Submersible, and Stabilized with Sealed Socket) is simply the best winch solenoid in the world, and it's located inside this modern-styled rugged enclosure.
- 12,500 lbs. (5,670 kgs) Rated Line Pull
- Sealed 6hp (4.48 kw) Series Wound Motor
- 2-Stage Planetary and 2-Stage Spur Gearing
- 148:1 Gear Ratio
- Vented, Sealed Submersible Solenoid with 3-Year Warranty
- Free-spooling Clutch/Pull and Turn
- Automatic Brake/100% Load Holding (outside of drum)
- Wire Rope: 3/8" x 85' (9.5mm x 26m)
- Heavy Duty, Clevis Pinned, Latched Hook
- Heavy Duty 4-Way Roller Fairlead with Stainless Steel Rollers
- 15′ Sealed Ergonomic Hand-held Remote with Coiled Cord
- Dimensions: 24.57" L x 6.20" W x 10.95" H (625mm L x 158mm W x 279mm H)
- Drum Diameter: 2.5" (63.5mm)
- Drum Length: 8.75" (222.2mm)
- 10" x 4.5" (254mm x 114.3mm) Mounting Bolt Pattern
- Installed Weight: 94 lbs. (42 kgs)
- Shipping Weight: 107 lbs. (48 kgs)
- Limited Lifetime Warranty/3-Year Electrical
- Line Pull @ 0 lbs: 75 Amps Motor Draw/62 FPM (18.9 MPM) Line Speed
- Line Pull @ 12,500 lbs: 530 Amps Motor Draw/3.25 FPM (.99 MPM) Line Speed
Part No: 1612200